Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Dining with Joaquin

Time has gotten away from me these past few weeks. Joaquin is growing and changing so much. He now refuses to let us feed him most of the time, so as you will see meals are quite the messy affair at our house. He has also become very clingy to me. This last weekend I was home with him all weekend and he wouldn't let me out of his sight and much more than usual wanted me to hold him. He still loves running around but since he doesn't get much time with me usually I think he just didn't want to let me go.

We gave Joaquin a small piece of american cheese the other day and he did fine with it, and a few days later gave him mac and cheese and he did fine with that as well. So today grilled cheese was on the menu at daycare and we told them it was ok for him to have it but he broke out in a rash on his face after eating it :( We think maybe it is cheese food that they use at daycare and that is why he reacted? I guess we will just have to keep trying cheese at home for a while. We are going to start mixing his soy milk with regular milk and see how he does with that.

Joaquin had his 12 month well check visit in the middle of August. He weighed in at 24 lbs and is 31 inches tall. So he is still average for his weight but in the 90th percentile for his height and head circumference.


No comments: